Monday, January 19, 2009

Welcome back Scilla!

Nick had to be in town for an afternoon meeting regarding the first phase of the Upper Jamestown Rockfall Prevention Project, as I’ve called it, and I needed a few goodies too, so we all went. After a bit of shopping, the boys and I went to wait at the manse (we went home?), where I readied my bead-board for a stall on cruise ship day on Thursday. Nick eventually came back to the manse with John Thurlow, who works at the AVEC center down the road. John and Cindy were on the island during 2007, then have been back in South Africa for a year, and are now returning on a two-year contract. It will be good to re-establish the friendship. Nick showed John around the damaged buildings.

We headed down to the docks around 5 pm to see the RMS and were pleased to have arrived in time to welcome Scilla, the island’s annual optometrist and a Baptist, back to the island.

No comments: