Friday, February 06, 2009

Old friends

This morning we were at the docks early to say hello to Cindy and the girls. It was great to see them again, and of course we were happy for all their sakes that the family is reunited.
We didn’t hang around too long after greeting them, instead coming back home to get on with school. Again, it was a light day so I coped fine, even though I was feeling worse than I had been yesterday with a runnier nose than before and watery eyes. I spent a lot of time in bed, in between other things. After lunch we headed back to town, as Nick and I both needed to renew our drivers’ licences; I had a bit of shopping to do and Nick had a prison service. He has started these up again on a Friday as he has someone who is interested, although yesterday he was pleased that two prisoners had attended. After doing my shopping, the boys and I meandered down to the prison where the car was parked, and Nick came out half a minute later – great timing. I spotted two fairy terns on a ledge outside the prison…it was until after they flew away that I saw their baby! Shame, quite an ugly little chap – a juvenile, caught between cute babyness and elegant adulthood, rather like a gangly teenager with spotty skin.

No comments: