Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pressies from Pennsylvania

It was raining this morning when we got up, and carried on raining until about 9.30, after which the clouds lifted and the sun came out. School was all fine, until I got to the last bit of reading and couldn’t carry on as my voice was taking strain! I asked Nick to do the reading as he had a lull. Four days left of this term, then a week of holiday.

In the afternoon Nick had an appointment in town, then went to the post office. He came home with two parcels from the Williamsons – one for the boys and one for us, resulting in much excitement all round. The boys were given Playmobil cars and colouring books of a high and educational standard, and Nick and I were spoiled with a CD, some scrapbooky goodies (well, not so much Nick's thing), and a very interesting Mennonite cookbook. Genevieve also included a hand painted (by her) Christmas card which is so special and lovely that I’ll have to frame and display it.

No comments: