Saturday, February 07, 2009

Run Around Nick

This morning we were in town quite early again as I wanted to be set up by 9 am. Poor Nick and the boys just have to tow the line sometimes. We offloaded the boys at the manse, from whence they ran down to Pam’s house; we packed up the car with my stuff, Nick dropped me off, and then he went back up to Pam, thereafter coming back to town to collect Caleb’s birthday present from the docks – a keyboard, ordered from the UK. We are pleased that it has arrived safely, but Nick took it straight back to the manse so that Caleb won’t see it, so we haven’t opened it at all. Then Nick and the boys went to Good News Club (I had special permission from the pastor to be absent), and after the club Nick was back at the docks, this time with Geoff to collect an electric piano for the League of Friends or Ladies’ Group or something. That had to be delivered to the Community Care Complex in Half Tree Hollow. Pam got lumped with the boys but I don’t think she minded. Meanwhile I had been having a great morning – I enjoy selling my wares because it means I get to chat with a lot of people – some that I know, others who are tourists off the RMS or yachts. I chatted with a couple who had approached the tourist office and were disappointed to find it closed…I asked if I could offer any assistance or info, and they said they were inquiring about the Baptist Church and looking for more info! They had seen our pamphlet on the RMS (we have a charity box with some info nicely laminated and put up on the ship), and wanted to get hold of a copy, being Baptists themselves and therefore more interested. I was pleased to be able to point her to the church’s blog, and also mentioned that Nick would be showing some of the Lords and MPs ‘and things’ from London who arrived yesterday, around the church tomorrow – and apparently this couple are of that party (turns out I was actually speaking to Lord Shutt’s wife). I guess I should have been more respectful of the dignitaries. Nick was ready to collect me at 12, so we packed up, dropped the stuff at the manse again, picked up the boys and came home for lunch.

Oh, my PotD project is going well – I have put together January. I think the whole thing is going to look great when done – I suggested to Nick that it would be an interesting coffee table book for us. He shot back that he would remember never to buy me a coffee table :-)

No comments: