Saturday, March 28, 2009

The mystery of clingwrap unravelled

Nick and I ran a bit late in getting to the school to collect equipment and jewellery which we didn’t have boot space for last night after the Gospel Sing, but we got everything and then headed over to town for GNC. I did the teaching today on temptation, and not allowing the devil to get as much as a foot in the door by wrestling with temptation…Jesus’ example was an immediate and emphatic “NO” when he was tempted. After the club we did a bit of shopping and then came home via the hospital where I needed to get another asthma pump for Caleb. I was dealt all kinds of stern rebukes though for not having had Caleb properly assessed, when in fact they’ve never told me anything like that before and we’ve always simply just collected a pump from the hospital. So I have to take him to the doctor next week otherwise perhaps I will be court marshalled or feathered and tarred.

I did a bit of grocery shopping this afternoon – among other things was a new roll of clingwrap, which I thought I would get neatly pulled out and ready for use. Trouble was, I couldn’t find the end of the roll. Eventually a tiny bit of an edge unfurled which I pulled upon, thinking that Tesco had been awfully clever in arranging such a clever little pull-tab arrangement. This soon proved not to be the case though, as the 2cm strip I was unrolling turned into a metre with not much encouragement that the rest of the roll would soon follow. I tried again in a different spot but alas, still no edge. I handed the roll on to Pam who had been scrapping with me. Twenty minutes, 20 or 30 metres and a huge ball of discarded wrap later, I now have a straight edge…
Thanks for the comments on the blog about our scrummy breakfast the other night...you'll be pleased to know, Lara, that I included broccoli in our supper this evening (I just won't tell you what else we had ;-) ). It seems that having breakfast at night is an unusual thing, but we've been doing it for years. It's a delicious meal, and it's one that Nick and I do together. I highly recommend it!

No comments: