Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Country break

The boys and I went with Nick to Knollcombes after lunch, where Nick was scheduled to await the delivery of 40 concrete blocks. We were there at 1.20; the truck was supposed to arrive between 1.30 and 2. By 2.30 the truck had not come and so we left. It turned out to be a beautiful day though so we (well, me) were more than happy just to be outside and not at home. I wandered around taking photos; the boys climbed trees and threw pinecones and catkins about, and Nick walked around examining various parts of the property and then just sat waiting. Back home I decided to amuse myself during the afternoon by cleaning the house, although I got side-tracked and only spring-cleaned our bedroom. While I was busy the boys were tidying up in their room and then vacuumed by themselves without any prompting from me. I think they enjoy vacuuming. I also got them both to help me hang up the washing this morning (sun at last – the washing was dry by 3pm!), and occasionally I ask either one to wash up the few breakfast dishes. It’s wonderful that they are able and (usually) willing to help.

No comments: