Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's what he does

Today’s PotD was no contest – both because I only took one photo the entire day, and because it sums up very concisely two current Aaronisms…his love for doing something ‘special’, even if it’s as mundane as going with me to the shop for bread, and secondly, always wanting a piece of bread (not a crust) from the slicer, which he then eats in a very precise way: first he removes the tender inners and squashes it all together to make a big dough ball, and then nibbles what remaining inner bits he can from the crust before discarding the crust itself. This whole shop-going-bread-eating process is a regular bi-weekly happening. Aaron would be deeply wounded if I were to disallow him from coming with me. Caleb, on the other hand, loves nothing more than to be at home, where he can draw, play his keyboard, play Lego, read, or make stuff. School this morning was okay…the boys had to write a ‘persuasive’ letter, and they picked a bad topic to begin with, which was to try convince me to cancel school. I had to turn it around and get them to rather write a letter persuading me to continue homeschooling, and their efforts were quite good – if not fake!

1 comment:

The Williamsons said...

Persuasive letters are difficult. They're some of my least favorite essays to write.

Good luck boys, and you too Miss Lynn!