Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mr and Mrs

Wedding day…I just love weddings, and to sit in on the bride’s preparations was a real honour for me. Since Chrizette didn’t bring any friends or relatives with her, I stood in on the morning. We all got to town at 8; Jan Hendrik took Nick and the boys out for breakfast at the consulate then they disappeared to Longwood to get ready while Chrizette and I stayed at their flat in town where I learned heaps about make-up! It was a super morning of chatting and girly stuff. Chrizette made a truly stunning bride, and photographing her was easy; I had exclusive photographic access as the official photographer was only on duty from the chapel onwards. We stopped at the top of Ladder Hill for a few pics, then again en-route to Sandy Bay where the scenery was so beautiful…I was frustrated with my inexperience and couldn’t get the settings right for the exposure etc, but overall I was satisfied with my attempts (let’s hope the bride is too). We arrived at the chapel 15 minutes late which was just bordering beyond the fashionably late line into the concerningly tardy territory, but all was well. The ceremony was lovely – there were no hitches and the register was successfully signed! They had a small reception at Anne’s Place in Castle Gardens which we thoroughly enjoyed.

1 comment:

The Williamsons said...

Lovely! She looks like she's ready for an award's ceremony; the Oscars or something. :)
So how come they got married on St. Helena?