Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I CAN cope!

We were back at school today after our week’s holiday, and it was great. I had to sternly remonstrate the boys a few times and remind them that they are in school and need to show proper respect for me as their mother and teacher, but on the whole they were fine. Nick phoned just as we were about to start science, and he chatted with the boys first and then me. He has taken photos of about 200 baby turtles running down the beach to the ocean, and has a picture of one in his hand (I mean, not that he’s holding a picture of a turtle…he photographed a turtle sitting in his hand). I’ll post some of his Ascension photos when he’s home again. His back is much improved and he is able to continue with things as normal. His service last night was good, attended by 28 – double last week’s Sunday service.
I took Nick’s Monday night bible study tonight, out at Deadwood. It was great – since there are only ladies attending the group I spoke on a topic that is close to my heart – which is the lie that the devil would have us believe of “I can’t cope”…and the threefold truth that will set us free, being (1) God’s grace is sufficient, (2) God will not give us more to bear than He knows we can handle, and (3) God is sovereign over all things and in control of our circumstances. So next time I am having mud issues I will try to remember my own lesson!!

No comments: