Friday, June 26, 2009

It's official...rainy season has begun

The boys and I met up with Pam at the Coffee Shop at 11…Maddison and her friend Elizabeth were already there but left soon after, needing to be back home by 11.30 for Elizabeth to be fetched. We had a good chat, although I was aware that I was doing most of the talking while Pam nodded her head occasionally to indicate she was still with me. When we were ready to leave I offered to come up to her place, really because I was needing to collect Nick’s amp and the data projector that we had been using on Tuesdays for the Noah’s ark DVD that we were watching for bible study, but she invited us to stay for lunch. The boys disappeared upstairs with Maddy, playing a computer game, and when the rain came down in town Pam and I took up our cameras. When the rain stopped I was pretty much ready to come home. The boys spent the next two hours waiting for time to pass and worrying about which bags to take for their fishing expedition, while I scrapped and got annoyed with them. Unfortunately the fishing was cancelled due to the weather which was a terrible disappointment for the boys, but since Beavers hadn’t been cancelled altogether they were consoled. I took the three of them to town to be there at 4.30, and then went to Pam – again, under the guise of dropping off something, but she didn’t even give me the opportunity to ask whether I could hang around there again – she told me to make myself a cup of tea and then let me sit quietly browsing camera magazines with no need to interact. That took me up until 6 pm when it was time to collect the boys.

No comments: