Saturday, June 20, 2009

Maintaining...

Last day of school today! We ended our term by going out to town for lunch – keeping things traditional, we got take-aways from Sally’s and sat in Castle Gardens. It was another beautiful day in town and we were happy to be outside in it – barely a breath of wind, and some strong autumn sun shining. I’m trying to keep things as normal around here as possible, so we had our regular Friday-night-pizza-supper too. It’s been ages since I’ve made pizza and it was delicious, except that I made the same sized pizza that would normally feed all four of us – consequently it was rather over-filling. Nick phoned during the afternoon while I was gathering in some washing. At the sound of the international phone call I dashed to the phone in much excitement. Nick got onto Ascension at about 10 this morning, was met by Clayton (one of Vincent’s sons), and since then he had been wandering around town. The boys each had a turn to speak with him, and then I had my turn. He says it’s really hot there, like a Joburg summer, and the beach is beautiful and he saw two dead baby turtles. Please add to your prayer list Nick’s loneliness! He sounded very lonely and like he was missing us very much.

No comments: