Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The perfect afternoon

Amidst more hysterics, we tried again with Aaron’s tooth, this time with it tied to his favourite toy dolphin (which has undergone much surgery to keep its white polystyrene filling on the inside) which he was supposed to drop on a target on the kitchen floor. Another great idea, but Aaron chickened out and instead ran away with his dolphin clutched tightly under his arm, which he then forgot about and put down on a table… but again, the tooth stayed put. I’m at a loss now (he doesn’t like the door-slamming trick) but at least I’m confident that it’s not going to drop out of its own accord during the night. This afternoon we went to town, mostly to buy the latest scrapbook magazine which I was told was in stock and waiting for me. I haven’t had a mag for at least six months, so this is a real treat. When we got home I put on a DVD for the boys, made myself coffee, brought out some chocolate, and sat reading…what could be better? Added to this, the knowledge that Nick is on his way home (we had a short chat before he embarked), and I didn’t have to cook supper as we had left-overs. Bliss!

2 comments:

Buckland said...

I am so glad your "single parent" time is almost over and he is on his way home.

Genevieve said...

The tooth is hysterically ugly! I can say that because I know there is a wonderful boy behind that gruesome grin :-)