Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Unnewsworthy day

Had another beautiful day; in the afternoon I took the camera and tripod to the golf course intending to take a photo for a scrapbook magazine – I was unsuccessful but Nick came to help later ), but I came across the loveliest little donkey on the golf course and photographed him – he was tethered and eating the grass, so I could stroke his nose and scratch his forehead which he (or she) liked. Guess he would make a lovely pet because every time I moved away he followed me and would just stand next to me, waiting for love. So cute! Bible study in the evening was poorly attended – disappointingly so – we thought that since Nick is back and preaching, that many people would come! Nick’s message on the unforgivable sin was good – a slightly controversial topic but well received.
More from Ascension: these photos were taken on a 'holiday' day for Nick - first is the government building, then Nick met up with Mike and Karen from Faith, and took them to English Bay where they spent time on the beach; lunch was a picnic at Green Mountain followed by a swim at the pool in town. Nick went home for dinner which was cooking away in the pot, and then back to the beach where they helped some turtles find the sea before the frigates found them.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

WHAT is in the pot?!

The Williamsons said...

That donkey is too cute! I love how you got the blue sky in the background.

And I'm with my mom. The...thing...in the pot...I'm hoping it's a lobster or something like that...