Tuesday, October 27, 2009

School, shopping and socializing

We were back at school this morning; the first day of our last term. The boys were not secretive about not wanting to start school again but I didn’t anticipate anything different. All went well. We started a new book called “The Little Riders”, and we also started reading about Marie Curie’s search for radium; we learned that radioactive elements generate electricity and Radium glows blue. Aaron and I went grocery shopping, though first had to pay bills at the bank and I paid ₤25 for the next six months of my work permit. Unfortunately they couldn’t slim it down to a two-month payment. We got a good amount of shopping done but couldn’t finish as I had to be home to make an early supper so Nick could leave early for a deacons’ meeting. Aaron was a great help with the shopping. I found a parking right outside Thorpes, so as quickly as I was packing groceries into bags, Aaron was taking them to the car. It really made the process a lot easier. I’m looking forward to one day using a trolley to take my bags to the car, and being able to get everything on my list!!
Since supper was so early the boys could still play outside afterwards. The trampoline remains the great social centre of Piccolo. I just loved Sappho’s sweater – what novel pockets!

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

It won't be long and you will get everything on your list...and even better, you will know how to be VERY thankful that you can do so!
We call trolleys shopping carts! I like trolley better. I think I am just going to start calling them that.