Wednesday, October 28, 2009

They put a spring in my step

There is a national onion shortage again…it’s to be expected, really, since the RMS has just recently completed her bi-annual UK voyage leaving the island with a long gap between Cape imports of fresh produce. It’s been weeks since we’ve had apples or other fruit, apart from local bananas. There are the occasional local onions but lately, none. However, I came by these spring onions in a most unusual way – an act of typical Saint kindness, really. I can’t reveal my source as they might otherwise be inundated with other hopeful blog-reading onion-seekers, when they only had two bunches. I am counting my blessings. Other than that, the day was uneventful. Both boys came with me to town for Part II of the grocery shopping, mostly because they wanted to spend some money. Aaron bought a torch and Caleb a radio. School this morning was full of its usual ups and downs.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Ah yes, underground onions(and truly lovely onions too)! I won't breath a word!
There is great deal of concentration on the face of Aaron there!