Thursday, November 19, 2009

5 weeks to go

The boys were hoping that yesterday’s battle scars would prevent me from doing school but since it was my arms that were affected and not my voice box, I was happy to continue! We finished before 11.30, and Aaron volunteered to walk to the shop to get the bread so I didn’t have to go anywhere. (He had a hidden agenda in wanting to buy sweets from the shop). I packed a box and then cleaned the house quickly. I was just getting ready to pack another box when Sharon and Nate arrived, along with Sharon’s nephew Ryan. Sharon had come primarily for a GIMP demonstration but we had a good time together just chatting generally as well. Elizabeth arrived for a guitar lesson while Sharon was here and Nate was mesmerized by the music. Nick had to change the dressing on one of my wounds this morning because the second-skin waterproof stuff was peeling off and it was getting annoying. I was terribly squeamish about the whole business and didn’t even want to look at the hole in my arm…how can a grown woman make such a performance over such a silly matter as applying disinfectant ointment??

No comments: