Thursday, November 12, 2009

Six weeks to go

Yes, that is really six weeks until we leave the island. Our ticket has been paid for so I guess it’s officially official. Still feels like it’s months away though – our lives seem to be going on in the usual routines and at the same pace.
With much pleading and cajoling I managed to get the boys outside for a photo-shoot, with a specific goal in mind. Caleb, the mini-Nick, usually tells me I have one shot and that’s that, but today he complied once he knew what I was aiming at and I managed to get at least five decent pics of him. Was just packing away the tripod when I heard movement in the bush. My South African instincts whispered caution but four years of island-living squished any apprehension about what might be lurking…and I discovered a few very innocent goats having a nibble in the grass around their tethering ropes. I find goats generally to be quite photogenic, and this dear chap courteously lay down in the grass and posed, statue-like, after giving me the hugest yawn.

No comments: