Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Nick in the chair

Nick had an extraction this morning – all that was left of the tooth anyway was a stump, but it needed to come out. He had the injection first then came back to the waiting room, and was called in a little later for the actual removal. It took literally about two minutes in the chair for that part! He wasn’t in too much pain so we called in at Graeme and Hazel and had a cup of tea, then went to Sally’s for lunch. We wondered if this was our last Sally’s take-away at Castle Gardens! We came home after lunch and Nick worked on his music, finalizing Tammy’s next album which she can now launch some time next year. I spring-cleaned the lounge, moving furniture around and getting it really neat. Did a quick vacuum of the rest of the house, then I tackled the boys’ clothes. I think I’m at the point now where if we were told that we were leaving the island tomorrow, I’d be ready. By about 4 pm I had finished with the packing and as much cleaning as I wanted to do, and then wondered what to do! I decided to make a batch of coconut ice as I have a whole packet of unfinished coconut. I guess it would have been cheaper just to get rid of the coconut, as I had to buy condensed milk and icing sugar to make it! But it was fun and it’s something extra to take for Christmas on Friday.
Meanwhile, "back at the ranch", things are hotting up for our arrival. My dear Popsie is becoming somewhat of a soup chef (or should that be sous chef since my Mom is still the boss of the kitchen), and this particular batch of soup will last in the fridge long enough for us to taste it! Plans are also underfoot for a welcome-home lunch, and there is a general sense of excitement about our homecoming.

No comments: