Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Piccolo starts to empty

Another day in town – just as well we have so much to do in the schoolroom otherwise we might be hanging around at home with nothing to do! I had a few things to do in town before joining up with Nick in the schoolroom, and caught a Christmas parade by the Pillings Primary kids. In the late afternoon we met up with a clump of ex-pats at the docks to see off two Piccolo families who have left for their Christmas holidays, and another UK family who are leaving for good. I had to choke back a few tears, but I think I was putting myself at the docks two weeks and a day from now and imagining how awful it’s going to be when we’re the ones departing and saying goodbye.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

I am crying now...thinking about you crying and remembering saying good-bye in that same place.