Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday

Yesterday (Wednesday) I did China Mall for the third time, this time with Kate who wanted a bit of help with some wardrobe updates. We had a blast together and both came away very satisfied with our finds. It took us an hour to navigate there using the GPS gadget and one wrong turn, but our home run was blissfully quick. Got home just in time to leave again with Nick and the boys to get to Heather and Marius and their brood. Heather is a school friend of mine and as always we had a super time reconnecting. The boys disappeared with their instant friends and had some fun with the go-cart.
Today Nick and I had separate plans again. I went with my parents and the boys to Northgate and Wimpy for some shopping and waffles, and Nick visited a friend. I finally got to cook a meal for my mom which nicely coincided with Al and Kate stopping in for supper before leaving Zoe for babysitting and leaving for a meeting. Nick and I were also out at an evening meeting - Nick had been asked to share his testimony, actually with some family friends who I have known for years and years but not seen in ages. So strange to see their young children grown up and married! We had a fantastic evening together.
Also ordered our most of new homeschooling curriculum today - looking forward to its arrival in NZ but it will be some time after we arrive, so we'll still be on our extended holiday until I can get hold of some books in the meantime. The boys are not terribly put out at the long break from school!

No comments: