Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Capital Idea

caleb and aaron have never been so keen on using capital letters to begin sentences or for proper nouns. I was glad that it came up in Language Arts this week, but it doesn't seem to be sticking - this morning I had both boys constantly erasing incorrect answers to replace them with the capitalized version. In frustration I asked what we are actually learning this lesson, to which Aaron replied, "how to rub out".
We've been reading the story of Wilbur and Orville Wright and the boys have been very interested in how they would take things apart and remake them - especially Caleb who tends to be somewhat of an engineer. Inspired by the book, they acquisitioned an old telephone destined for the rubbish, and unscrewed it all. I don't think they particularly learned anything but they certainly had fun doing it! And I cleaned the house.

1 comment:

Hazel Beckett said...

You seem to have the same blogger commenter trying to attract your attention as I do.....

I loved Aaron's take on what he was learning in his English lesson.