Thursday, April 01, 2010

The day leading up to Easter

I left Nick in charge of the boys and their schoolwork this morning to do my second "Bible in Schools" lesson. I taught through the Easter story and facts with my class, not being able to touch too deeply on the significance of the weekend - but satisfied that at least they know the reason for the holiday! Finished the rest of the boys' schoolwork with them, and we are now on holiday for a week or two after a short five-week term. After lunch Petru came to pick me up for a coffee date. She took me to a stunning little coffee shop in town where I enjoyed a flat white and excellent conversation. Later in the afternoon I went out by myself for some shopping, looking for a curtaining shop but getting completely sidetracked on a street which contained a scrapbook shop...having scrapped in isolation for so long it was sheer bliss to walk around the tiny shop with all its beautiful goodies, and all my favourite products too - K&Co and BasicGrey, and all manner of other papers and flowers and rub-ons and twirly bits. Awesome. Did some proper grocery shopping on the way home at PaknSave but it was soooooo busy - with shops being closed on Good Friday apparently people panic a bit and so all go the day before. One could barely navigate a trolley in the fresh produce section - and here I was reveling in the availability of onions, tomatoes, nectarines, grapes...... We had a Maundy Thursday service at the church in the evening - decided to walk to church which is a pleasant 12-15 minute walk, unless it's cold and windy in which case it is an unpleasant 10-minute fast walk. The service was good, followed by the Lord's Supper. We remember our blessing and privilege in coming to the Communion Table.

No comments: