Saturday, April 17, 2010

Light up the fire and get them marshmallows

Had a wonderfully relaxed and even somewhat lazy morning at home, pottering about. Aaron and I popped out briefly so he could buy Caleb a birthday present, and then at 1 pm I dropped the boys and Nick off at the Camerons for more wood chopping. I went home and baked a batch of biscuits (cake was not even a consideration when I realized that I didn't have my electric beater), and made my traditional island pizza to take with us to the bonfire. Nick, Matt and the boys came back here late afternoon to offload wood from Matt's ute and get it into the woodshed - it is hard work but by all accounts it's enjoyable manly sort of stuff.
Then we all went back together for a bonfire. It was a goodie...huge fire, plenty of marshmallows, and good company. There was a mix of folk from our church and the Church Street Bible Chapel - good to get to know some brothers and sisters.

No comments: