Friday, May 28, 2010

Kitchen and Attic

I'm so excited about the pending kitchen and I'm sure you all are just dying to see the progress too, so I shall be kind and give you daily updates for a while. Today I had to pack up all the stuff from the cupboards but fortunately the pantry stays where and how it is. So, presenting...ta-da...the kitchen, "before". Had a busy day on the whole with school, Rene popping in for a visit, kitchen packing and more general organizing of the household, filling in a bit for Nick when he ran late on a guitar lesson, the Camerons coming to build more cupboards which I lent a hand with (like building Lego on a huge scale with power tools, yeah), and traditional Friday Night Pizza. The boys installed a typing tutor program on the laptop while I was busy with tea preparations and have enjoyed learning the first few keys. By the way, I can highly recommend the "Stories from Grandma's Attic" series for reading. We did the first one in school about two years ago, and although I wasn't sure whether the boys would really enjoy another, being written from a girl's perspective, I ordered the next one as a general reader for Caleb this year. He wasn't convinced that it was a boys' book and rather resisted the reading thereof, but in desperation he picked it up one day and practically devoured it. Now he voluntarily reads it to me for my listening pleasure. This from my boy who declares that he hates reading aloud.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Oh good - before and afters are great fun!
Is the door to the lounge a large opening rather than just a standard door? I like that sort of floor plan as it allows you to be part of the conversations and what the rest of the family is doing even if they aren't in the same room with you. (although...this causes me trouble when I am following a new recipe :-0