Monday, August 30, 2010

Tea and tea

The clouds have rolled in again after some magnificent weather last week. But, Wednesday is spring and I'm telling myself that overnight the temperatures will rise, skies will clear and days will be long. Yeah, I'm setting myself up for disappointment, I know! No matter. I had a to-do list as long as my arm on Saturday so at 5.45 am, having been lying awake for several minutes stressing about the day, I got up and got to it. Got through heaps of stuff before we had friends over to afternoon tea - meet South Africans Des and Salome and their boys Carlo and Dean. They are about as new to Timaru as we are, and have recently started attending our services. Had an excellent time with them, and as soon as they left we gathered ourselves for tea at the Barretts. Over much chatting and laughter we ate DIY hamburgers...what a great idea, and Nigel cooked the home-made patties on the barbie. Super scrumptious. Peggy also spoiled us with chocolate eclairs for pudding. A great evening!Sunday (between services) and Monday I've sort of been chained to the Mac in preparation for a fairly photo-intensive week. Nothing to report on the job front yet, but really, where would I fit in time to go to work? :)

No comments: