Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Get lost

Day 3 of the boys at school...Nick and I got to have lunch together today by way of Chinese takeaways (a spring roll and chips - semi-oriental!) which we took to Caroline Bay. I wanted to drop off my CV in town so the trip was multipurpose, and we also had a quick look around the public library for the first time. It's impressively large. Nick went back to work and I wanted to explore some outlying areas with my camera as the clouds were splendid, but with not wanting to drive too far for fear of wasting petrol I didn't find what I was hoping for. Took the pic below on Cartwrights Road, north of Timaru. I went straight from there to fetch the boys but would have arrived way too early, so headed back to Centennial Park where we had been yesterday for a short stroll. Took a few pics (unspectacular) then decided to try a different route back to the car. Bad idea; I could see the car across a gully but simply could not get to it. There were no bridges to be had but I kept convincing myself that it would be quicker to press on instead of turning back. It wasn't. At several points I could have turned back and been at the car way sooner than my run/walk around half of Centennial Park ended up being. I reached the school late - the shame of it, on only the third day!! Caleb's highlight today was that he got to sit in Miss Carter's chair and tell the class about St Helena. His second highlight, he admitted sheepishly, was to emit a colonic calliope in class (not his choice of words but I had to neaten it up for the blog). He said no one knew it was him and everyone laughed. Aaron's highlight was his lunch box.

No comments: