Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Aiding the teacher

Started my new job yesterday as a Teacher's Aide (aka paraprofessional) at the Christian School...I have thoroughly enjoyed these first two days, although my main reason for employment has been absent from school with a stomach bug! Kind of disappointing but also in God's gracious plan for me to ease into school life. Not that there has been any shortage of things to get involved in - being in the New Entrants/Year 1 class means that there are many kids needing help which the teacher simply cannot do alone, so I've been helping out wherever I can. The boys (my biological boys, that is) are pleased to tell their friends that I'm now on the staff at the school, and today I saw them at morning break and lunch. Yesterday Caleb had to come into our class to hand over a book, and he looked so tall and grown-up compared to the littlies! The smallest girl in our class, a recent five-year-old, is tiny and doll-like with huge blue eyes and the cutest ways.

No comments: