Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Baked and styled to perfection

Yesterday and today my special boy wasn't at school; I played Teacher's Aide by cutting out stuff and putting books away...not the most challenging of days! Always fun and interesting though. I took my camera in this morning but was only in class for a few minutes - but this is what news time with Miss Ferguson looks like. Miss F is not our regular teacher but does part-time classroom relief work, and today was Mrs Thompson's relief day. I've been playing about with polymer clay a little more of late, although really am waiting to get hold of some good blocks of clay of my own before getting too seriously into it. I've been using the 1 oz blocks that came with a homeschool resource book I ordered, but have to do a lot of groundwork in mixing up the primary colours before I can start creating. I am loving the new medium though - where beads can only do so much, this opens a whole new avenue of creativity. I have been largely inspired by my very talented friend in the States who is rapidly ascending the polymer jewellery / wearable art ladder there (Gen - I put those metal frames to good use!). And lastly, for the grandparents and other interested parties...Aaron and his latest hairdo (I think he's gorgeous!):

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Hey there...I see some polymer clay!