Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm watching you, I'm watching you, I'm watching you, I'm...

On Sunday we enjoyed a delightful lunch with Cynthia, one of our more 'mature' church ladies. She's full of spinsterly cheek and nonsense; Nick jested that she needs to respect her elders! Had a lovely time together with her. Yesterday, Monday, was great - a good school day, and a beautifully sunny afternoon. I was doing a spot of sewing when this fellow ran right past me. I will only ever get so close to one of these if I'm armed with either a macro lens or a can of doom; I don't think I'll ever be able to spray a spider again though, imagining it yelling "aaargh, it's gone in my eyes!" Took a short drive to the beach after tea as it was still warm and light and we didn't want to waste the weather. The little dashing rocks beach is quite secluded and private with only the occasional jogger or dog walker passing by. Nick and the boys made a raft from driftwood - looked like heaps of fun! While passing through a paddock on the way to the beach, we saw a curious sight - four cows meandering along the path. First time I ever saw the cows come home!Today, Tuesday, was also good - I split my working hours into two sections at the beginning and end of the day, with a chunk of time at home in between in which time I did a load of washing. Aaron had a friend over to play after school.

No comments: