Saturday, December 04, 2010

11 years and 44 to go

Nick and my 11th wedding anniversary today...also coinciding with the annual church picnic which was unfortunately postponed due to weather. We meandered through the morning - I had plenty of stuff needing doing anyway and managed to conscript the whole family into my rostered church cleaning event, which meant it took only half an hour. After lunch we watched a DVD together, and some time during the afternoon the sun came out - it would have been better to have scheduled the picnic for late afternoon, but we couldn't have known in advance. Around 5 pm Sam arrived to 'babysit' the boys so that Nick and I could go out for our anniversary date. I had foolishly assumed that shops in town would be open - being a Saturday evening and so close to Christmas - after all, on St Helena town is a buzz on Saturday nights! But alas, it was like a ghost town; we would have blended in with the few tourists in the street if we had a more Asian look about us! We stopped in at Coffee Culture for a beverage and some yummy cakes, then walked around the rose gardens and Caroline Bay. I'm always complaining that Nick takes candids of me when I'm looking horribly disheveled; he remedied that by doing a full-on photo shoot. In truth I felt somewhat 'bridal' again! It was good fun, and certainly captured a very enjoyable date. Nick reckons we're a fifth of the way through our married years - I hope we have many more years together and I thank the Lord for a godly husband who not only tolerates me :) but is also willing to fulfill his role as the head of our home. I love you, Nicholas Ronald Clevely!

No comments: