Wednesday, December 29, 2010

To the fair!

Got stuck into the kitchen again today - I was dying to try out the new electric beater I bought at the Briscoe's sale on Monday to replace my broken stick whisker. I've had it for 11 years and it's been my solitary baking device...I hadn't even realized I'd been missing out until I bought this new beater which has separate whisking and mixing attachments as well as dough hooks, on a 350W motor. Yay, so much fun! Having the right tools definitely makes a huge difference. I started with a batch of espresso shortbread which turned out superbly (thanks Genevieve - Nick likes them too), and then a batch of mini meringues. The boys were busy with Lego which Caleb photographed himself. After tea we took the boys to the Caroline Bay Carnival for the first time, officially. The rides looked like great fun if you have no aversion to dizzying heights or nauseating swirling; Aaron loved the Octopus but Caleb admitted later that it wasn't as much fun for him with Aaron next to him leaning out over the side. My boy, I shared your concerns! Bumper cars were next - this was completely Caleb's thing and he has the bruised back as a reward. Aaron was a little short to properly reach the accelerator so the fairground attraction jumped on to help. Nick and the boys couldn't see anything unusual about these clouds but I had sunglasses on - they almost looked oily with the rainbow of colours streaked through them.

No comments: