Saturday, January 29, 2011

Working, not working

Spent the day at Presbyterian Support again yesterday, doing my reception/temping thing. It's a great environment, lovely people, and I'm familiar with how things run, so it's an easy one to slot into. Was absolutely thrashed when I got home though; I think a combination of the day's concentration teamed with Thursday's baking and other household activities left me utterly drained. Nick made hamburgers for tea, and then I slept for an hour or more. Felt considerably better on waking!
Today we had a lazy morning pottering about before going to the Camerons for lunch. We were due to be having a picnic on John's farm but bad weather forced us to cancel it. Had a good time reuniting with our Timaru buddies though - these January holidays have scattered all our friends in different directions! Rachel and I drove around after lunch looking at open homes while Nick was at the homestead with the four boys (Matt was sadly off at tennis). In the late afternoon the weather had cleared; blue skies and sun all around and although there was still a slightly chilly breeze, Nick and Aaron headed off to the beach. Aaron has the best time picking up stones and exploring the beach, and jumping about in the shallows.Caleb and I claimed 'homebody' status, engaged with our own activities. I finished off a top I started in the morning using one of the pieces of fabric from Spotlight (Special-K and Candy-B, this pic is especially for you!).

No comments: