Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sew-sew low-low

So, firstly...the 17-lines-of-stitching cushion turned out really well despite several of the threads breaking and needing redoing and the frustration thereof. As soon as that was done I tucked into a Euro-sham cushion cover for the bed, but since I don't have an actual inner for it yet it will lie dormant! Of late I've been battling my old enemy: Depression. Usually it stays well hidden behind the bouncy exterior, but to be true to you, readers, I'm not really all that perky (at least not all the time!) The extended fruitless job hunt, the grey skies, small health issues and I suppose a genetic tendency toward it all came together to have a party. And just how many cushions can a room need? I've been desperately reminding myself that God is faithful, good, kind and that His purposes are my ultimate goal. It's just difficult to be playing the waiting game. But so help me Lord, I'll stick it out and remember Your promises! Apart from the Word, I'm also thankful for the friends He's put around me who seem to pop up with a word of encouragement or just a spot of silliness at the right times.
The high point of my day was calling in at the boys' school again for more photography - specifically of music lessons but I happened upon an art class too. Always fun seeing Caleb and Aaron in action in their school surrounds. Caleb acts like the other kids in pretending I'm not there but Aaron's eyes, no his face, no no, his whole body lights up when I sneak into their class. It's so sweet. Quickly grabbed what shots I could of them while no one was looking :)(Above: meet Hannah, who has taken to snarling and/or growling at me. I haven't figured out why but in the meantime I'm doing it back).
Nick, meanwhile, left late afternoon for more lumberjack stuff. Or does lumberjackness refer only to the actual cutting down of trees? I'm not sure, but he was home late with a trailer load of really huge pieces of tree which still need chainsawing and splitting. I love the smell of fresh pine, even at 10 o'clock on a crisp, moonlit night.

No comments: