Thursday, May 12, 2011

The fun-gi and the toadstools

Timaru has been a grey place of late...not much rain, but just no sunshine for days and days, and temperatures hovering around the 12 mark. Pretty gloomy. Mushrooms and toadstools have been happy though...Nick found and photographed these fungi on one of his daily walks to/from the church. It takes one to know one :)I had my stitches out this afternoon (after self-unpicking four stitches on Monday and finding that the wound had opened up the next morning...thought I'd better let the others heal a bit more). I had in mind to take a painkiller beforehand but things ended up being so rushed that I forgot...and nearly cried again! The neck ones weren't too bad but the nose! Oh dear me. If you've ever plucked nose hairs you'll understand that it's a sensitive area. The stitches had started growing into the wound and needed some strong tugging - that's how it felt, anyhow. But there's great news...although the thing I had removed was indeed a cancer, the doc managed to remove all the offending cells and the margins were clear. So I'm cancer-free once more! Praise the Lord!!

No comments: