Thursday, May 05, 2011

In stitches

There's not much of interest to blog about for the last two days - the boys went to school, Nick did prep, and I've been in recovery. I was back at work yesterday, and then rested in the afternoon, but overdid things by cooking a huge macaroni cheese for tea and trying to tidy the house. Had to give up on keeping the house clean but it does get on my nerves. Today I felt ghastly, with chills and a fever along with the mulberry nose woes. Struggled through 2 hours of teacher aiding then another hour in the studio but couldn't wait to get home. Spent the afternoon very comfortably sandwiched in bed with painkillers. When the boys got home from school Nick organized them into a work party - the house was vacuumed, general mess sorted - such a blessing for me. We've also been spoiled by our dear church folk with soup and desserts and tasty treats and flowers. The boys came and chatted with me on the bed for a while, then I suggested that Caleb get tea ready - he singlehandedly heated up and dished last night's leftovers. Nick and the boys started laughing at me because I'm being quite restrained in facial movements, particularly in laughing - trying to avoid wrinkling my nose which hurts (and I'm sure the stitches end up poking my now swollen face differently). So instead of 'ha haha haha' laughter, I'm down to 'ho ho ho'...if you can picture that :)

5 comments:

Hazel Beckett said...

I am so glad that the waiting, and the ordeal, is finally over. Also, that it was in the crease of your nose, and not on the tip... Why not get a botox injection or 2 so that you can laugh without moving your facial muscles.

Hazel Beckett said...

I am so glad that the waiting, and the ordeal, is finally over. Also, that it was in the crease of your nose, and not on the tip... Why not get a botox injection or 2 so that you can laugh without moving your facial muscles.

Helen Williams said...

No more waiting great.
You in enjoy your relaxing weekend and let the Boys (big and small) run around after you.

Genevieve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genevieve said...

Let me try this again...with better spelling :-)

You are blessed with great fellas!

Take care of the stitches just as the dr. has told you. My friend has had three "spots" removed (2 on her face and one on her shoulder) and the better she has take care of the wound, the better the scar healed.