Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy homecoming!

Tuesday afternoon - Nick's return to Timaru after 14 nights in Fiji and one night in Christchurch. He caught a bus back from Christchurch so I didn't have to drive four hours in the dark, so called us when he was about 10 minutes away. I thought we'd beat him by far so stoked the fire, put on make-up, tidied my hair...and ended up getting to the bus-station several minutes after he'd arrived, leaving him standing out in the cold! We were all pleased to see him again, and presents were not long in coming out the bag - Chinese-style wooden puzzles for us, and a necklace and bracelet for me as well. It's taken me a few days to adjust to having Nick around again, as I've gotten used to my own company and being my own boss :) The rest of the week followed in its usual pattern - school, work, and lots of things needing doing. Nick tucked straight into his bible study prep, and then today started putting together a video presentation of pictures and clips about the ministry in Fiji.

2 comments:

Buckland said...

I hope we get to see the pictures and video clip too. :-)

Genevieve said...

Welcome home Nick!