Monday, June 06, 2011

We like the Queen's Birthday

There don't seem to be many public holidays (bank holidays as they're known here) in kiwiland, so the ones that we have are much appreciated, as today's was! Nick was business as usual, preparing hard for a Wednesday night bible study that we're not having (doh). No matter, his prep will pay off later unless he forgets what he's read! The boys and I were home most of the day; they had Jayden run over (literally - it's good cross-country training) to play for a while, and then spent the rest of the day playing imagination games using bits of dismantled transformers and bionicles as new characters. I pottered, read, cleaned and otherwise occupied myself very happily. Had my first official violin lesson this evening in which I played dismally; I can only get better from here!

No comments: