Friday, February 10, 2012

Steak and cheese to chicken and rice

Had a fabulous morning at work - got so excited about finishing a section of financial stuff that I nearly posted it to the accountant without stamps!  Mom spotted my near faux-pas on our way to town.  Dad's strong hints at his enjoyment of Subway had turned into more direct remarks at the neeeeeeeed to have another sub before it was too late, so when I got home from school I reckoned I was about ready for a delicious take-away.  I think the craving is now satisfied!  Wandered up the main street in town because Dad had been wanting some photos, seeing how Timaru is so pretty with its hanging flowers and rose gardens and all. 
Collected the boys from school (I applied stamps to the envelope), went to the Warehouse quickly for some spray varnish to finish off the Paua shells and bring out their colour.  At 6.30 we were at Andreas and Danielle's house for tea - a delicious meal of chicken drummies roasted in mayo and apricot jam sauce, with broccoli and cauliflower in cheese sauce and rice and cute carrots with their little stems still attached - Danielle, I love your cooking flair and style!  Pudding was apparently a-la Lynn...open a tin of fruit and serve it with ice-cream and custard :)  Can't go wrong there.  Had a really great evening together over the Bible and the iPod and some tunes, around the table and Danielle's boudoir.  It started raining and had turned pretty cold during the evening - we anticipate the next few days will be similar.

No comments: