Saturday, September 01, 2012

1st of September

First day of spring - we survived another NZ winter :)  Spring Day is typically cold and grey and today was no exception - coats and scarves and things are not ready to be packed away yet.  Danielle shouted me to a latte at Shearer's Quarters this morning; we found a cosy spot right next to the fire!  After a good yakkety yak we wandered into the shop side and ooohed and aaahed over all the pretty little things.  I was totally inspired to craft something and it didn't take long to put this button ring together.  I sometimes wish I had more time for crafty pursuits but I guess if it were a priority I'd make time!
Had a thoroughly lovely staff do in the evening - Mrs Thompson bravely opened her home for a potluck dinner and all except one or two of the TCS staff were able to make it, along with partners.  The food contributions were fabulous and after dessert and coffee we gathered in the lounge for a game of "Signs" - good one, Mrs Ross, which we'll introduce to many others!

No comments: